Saturday, April 21, 2012

when life gives you lemons make lemonade


   When we lived in Estonia I started school, we lived on the out skirts of town and there was no school buses so we took public transportation o get to school.  
    When I was in first grade I remember going to a field trip to a park with my school. I was very excited that day and when I was walking from the bus stop which was about a mile or so from our house.  Half way home I saw mom, grandpa and my aunt running across the street to catch the next bus. The next thing I remember I was in some car it smelled new and my grandpa was holding me in his arms and I told him I want to sit up. The next moment I remember someone was taking me somewhere on a hospital bed with wheels and I tried to get up and threw up allover my self. And when I finally came to, days past by and I remember lots of relatives in and out my ICU room and they were all shocked and crying but I had no clue why.
    Few more days maybe weeks past when I learned that I was hit by a semi truck on that highway near our house and in front of my family. it was going about 60 kilometers per hour  when I ran right in to it. My uncle always tried to make a joke out of it always asking me why I wanted to kiss a semi truck while it was moving so fast. but the truth is it hit me so hard I flew like a ball away from it and into a ditch below the highway. Everyone told my parents I would not live and if there is a chance for survival I would be crippled for life. Mom prayed to God saying Lord please heal her completely if not just take her then I don't want her to live a life of a cripple.
   When someone finally let me look in the mirror I realized why everyone was crying, its because i was hideous lol. My head was very huge and swollen my eyes were almost swollen shut and i was missing teeth and all blue, purple and red. I think I shed a tear too cause I was so ugly.   
    When they transferred my from the ICU I shared a room with 8 ladies and they told my parents to hurry up and take me out of there because I made them laugh so much and it hurt them to laugh they were all recovering from something too.  I don't remember too much of what I told them but I preached a lot and I also kept telling them that I am going to make money from this. I guess I bought some kind of insurance at school for ten rubles just days before this happened and my parents would get a hundred rubles now. The ladies kept telling mom that I was a crazy little girl because I looked at every situation and everyday only at the positive.

And I guess that was my second chance at life


1 comment:

  1. You are a miracle child! I'm just stunned at all the things that have happened to you. It sounds like you were a blessing to the other patients int he ICU.

    ReplyDelete